This cocktail came straight from the pages of Self magazine. A health magazine that includes recipes for cocktails is my kind of reading material. Actually, they have an awesome feature in this month's issue of healthy recipes created by José Andrés, of Jaleo and Minibar fame. This sangria is light and satisfying. If anything, it's a little on the sweet side. I would use half as much grape juice and perhaps squeeze a fresh lime or two into the mix. Salud!
Sangria Blanca (From Self Magazine)
- 10 green grapes, halved
- 4 fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 peach, pitted and sliced
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) Cava (or dry sparkling wine)
- 1 1/2 cups white grape juice (I would use more like 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup Licor 43 (found at liquor stores)
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
When serving, pour glass 3/4 full and top off with Cava. This ensures that the sangria will have effervescence.